Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'll be the first to admit it, I'm not the best blogger.  I actually keep my own journal and it seems like I just often prefer to write things in there.  I'm not even going to try to made an update and fill-in-the-blanks since the last post, so I'll just dwell on life right now.  Sean got back from his first underway on Sunday.  I can't say life is back to normal because even though he was only gone about three weeks I got used to relying on myself and constantly doing my own projects.  Monday we picked up this rack from Wal-Mart to put in the garage for totes.  Instead of what I would have done previously (asking him when he'd like to help me) I dove right in.  I had everything out of the box and screwing the poles together to make the rack before he even noticed.  Instead of asking him to change the air filters, I got out a stool and opened up the grate and did it myself while he was a few feet away watching.  I don't think life will ever really go back to normal.  I was so used to him helping me on projects.  Now I'm very used to doing it myself without waiting on anyone.  It's empowering....and tiring.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Ah - don't even get me started about the last time I updated my Xanga site (I'm seriously considering transferring to Blogger). I know that it's going to be a huge transition when I get home in the spring (9 months is a long time ... not to mention all of the underways before that) to J and I living together again. Hope everything is going well!