Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tagged!

I was tagged by Devon to list 15 things I'm not afraid to admit. They appear below in the order I thought of them:

1. I make up silly songs for random things. It can be things I hear on tv, or just things in general that I make up a little tune and words to go with it.

2. I hate the taste of alcohol. Call me a freak, but I just don't like it. I've tried whites, merlots, cab sauvs, dessert wines, mojitos, mimosas, various other mixed drinks and after everyone all I can think of is "I would MUCH rather just have a soda please!" Some I've even compared to horrible cough syrups I remember taking as a kid.

3. I enjoy crocheting. There's something really soothing about the repetition of movement of your hands. My grandmother taught me how to crochet and I'm the only one of her children or grandchildren that know how!

4. When I was younger my father insisted I knew important dates and passages from American history. He would quiz me about dates, "D-Day" and I'd respond "June 6, 1944." I also memorized (and still remember) the Gettysburg Address, the Preamble to the Constitution, the Amendments to the Constitution, etc.

5. I had my first kiss at age 16. Something must have stuck because my boyfriend at that time is now my husband!

6. Apparently when I was first learning to say my name I couldn't say "Julie" and instead I'd say "Jujee" which my mom uses as a nickname for me which was picked up by my best friend, Sarah who calls me that and from whom my husband Sean heard it and calls me that also.

7. I have never changed a diaper in my life. That's right...EVER!

8. I grew up on oldies music. No, I wasn't born in the 1950s or 1960s, but it's literally all I listened to growing up because it was the only thing on at my house. In the car my parents always listened to it, on road trips, even working on stuff in the garage or wherever it's all I'd hear. I can literally sing the chorus to every oldies song I hear (completely freaks Sean out how I know the words to them all).

9. I was on the fencing team in high school and I LOVED it! My favorite was the epee, sabre was okay...but painful.

10. I have only dated one guy in my entire life and he became my husband. Sean, in turn, only dated one girl in his entire life--me!

11. If chickens didn't exist I would probably be a vegetarian. (They're just SO delicious!)

12. I have a rare gift for puns (I just can't help myself). One of my friends even threatens to enter me in a pun competition they have once a year in Texas.

13. I'm a total history nerd. (Definitely not afraid to admit that!)

14. I'm an only child and my parents still tell stories about when I was quite young coming to them and thanking them for not having more kids.

15. My roommates and I did such crazy things when we were bored in college. We created fake theme parks, make each other into fake super heroines, painted each others faces, and even made up characters and back stories. (Ask me about Svetlana and Cosinila sometime....actually, no, don't)

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Haha, I also grew up on oldies. My husband is constantly blown away at how I know all the lyrics to old songs. They're so fun, and predictable though. Not that hard to do! :)

Devon said...

lol--i am pretty good with my oldies also... but i guess it depends on what you call an "oldie" now a days. i'm probably better at 70's music than anything.

i totally didn't think about the fact that you and sean were each others only BF/GF! crazy!

i am writing you back--from your letter... and sending it tomorrow. watch your mail!

thanks for posting your Tag!